Concurrency

renoX renosky at free.fr
Wed Dec 13 08:05:28 PST 2006

vtp (vanh at dslextreme.com) 	2006/12/12 17:53
>>janderson Wrote:
>> I'm just thinking that, perhaps if concurrency is handled well enough in
>> D, it can catch the wave of parallel programming that is on the horizon.
>D should be the language of choice when it comes to concurrency. This the window
of opportunity for D. Since none of the currently "popular" languages
>speaks concurrency fluently.

That's the correct timeperiod sure, but the problem is that the 'concurrency'
topic is far from being settled, there are so many ways to treat it: threading and
locks (don't compose), STM (still a research topic and not a complete solution: it
cannot handle side-effect), like in the Concur project active object waiting for
future events (the mapping of "future thread" to real thread doesn't seem obvious
to me to get good performances), CSP, etc.

renoX