An example of the relevance of D

Kyle Furlong kylefurlong at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 13:56:21 PST 2006

"We chose to use python because we wanted a well-supported scripting
language that could extend our core code. Indeed, we wrote much more
code in python than we were expecting, including all in-game screens and
the main interface. It was a huge win for the project because writing
code in a language with garbage collection simply goes faster than
writing code in C++. The fact that users will be able to easily mod the
interface is a nice plus as well. The downside of python was that it
significantly increased our build times, mostly from linking with Boost."

-- Soren Johnson, lead designer, Civilization IV. Quoted in a Slashdot
interview.

I stumbled across this today. D + PyD = Even GREATER productivity?