Scintilla Lexer for D

Chris Miller chris at dprogramming.com
Wed Dec 13 17:32:55 PST 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:31:19 -0500, jcc7 <technocrat7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Waldemar Wrote:
>
>> Folks FYI,
>>
>> Scintilla now has a lexer for D.  At the moment it is available only
>> via CVS
>> but should appear in the next release.  This will make all
>> scintilla-based
>> editors and IDEs capable of supporting D very easily.
>
> Sounds great! Thanks for doing this.
>
> I took a glance at the source (I think I found the right file):
> http://scintilla.cvs.sourceforge.net/scintilla/scintilla/src/LexD.cxx?revision=1.1&view=markup
>
> It looks like you've even managed to support nested comments. That's
> fantastic!
>
> Do you have any idea how often the Scintilla team releases new versions?
> I can't wait to try this out. ;)
>
> jcc7

Hmm.. My Scintilla changes supported D and its nesting comments for a long
time, almost a year and a half.
This guy even emailed me a while back asking if my changes could be
incorporated in Scintilla and I said sure.
http://wiki.dprogramming.com/DLex/HomePage ~
http://wiki.dprogramming.com/SciTE/HomePage
o-kay.