Constants, Aliases

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 12:57:11 PST 2006

nazo wrote:
> Expressions! Expressions!  (/ ~.)/
>
> I think that the exchange of parameters of alias is necessary from:
>   alias (x*2) exp;
> to:
>   alias exp=x*2;

I'm all for that.  Changing the order I mean, not necessarily aliases
for expressions.  Typedef too.  They're all just saying symbol=value
(where 'value' is a type).  But probably it will never change.  Alias is
too closely connected to typedef, and typedef is too closely connected
to C/C++ for Walter to change its syntax.  End result: neither will change.

> And I need alias arguments as syntax sugar like:
>   alias(alias i) exp=i*2;
> same as:
>   template exp(alias i){
>     alias exp=i*2;
>   }

Hmm, yeh not sure about that.  Have to get everyone to swallow the
expression alias idea first, which will be tough because they've all
been brainwashed into thinking that #define is the 8th deadly sin.  :-P

--bb