Walter's annoying habits

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 11:30:37 PST 2006

Hmm...

I'm guessing Stewart had a bad day, and a recent response by Walter was
the last straw.  That has happened before, you know :). It's just never
been stated so starkly and vehemently as in this new thread; although I'm
sure that if people were honest with themselves, they would admit that
they have had the same thoughts before.  If Stewart had embedded such
comments in a long tortuos thread of agonizing head-banging, I believe his
statements would have been almost tolerated.

Hmm... something strange about this.

Also, the statement was alarmingly out of place in terms of timing. I felt
like I'd been slapped in the face when I read it.  For the most part, this
community has been very excited with the current momentum of Walter's
work.  You can feel it: the energy is there.  While there is never really
a good time for a post like Stewarts, I think this was particularly
ill-timed.

Hmmm... some ulterior motive?

And the last bit about the spelling?  That's when I started to question
what was really going on here.  Number one rule: you want to get people to
support your opinion, DON'T BE PETTY ABOUT A PERSON'S SPELLING (especially
when most people don't know what bad spelling is being referred to).  It
really gets everyone else self-conscious and annoyed.  Stewart, you pushed
everyone to side with Walter... :)

Hmmm... there's definitely something afoot!

Either that or your post was merely a "behavioral studies" experiment to
see the predictability of response from a community whose leader has been
directly attacked. Nooo, wait a minute....

Hmmm... Oh, wait, wait, wait.... I think I get it now! How very clever!
Stewart, You are a genius!  You just succeeded in the grand unification of
the D community before D 1.0. LOL!

-JJR