Deprecate C style declerations?

Oskar Linde oskar.lindeREM at OVEgmail.com
Thu Dec 21 05:34:45 PST 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:

> Don Clugston wrote:

>> I'd also add:
>> * some alternative to #line that doesn't waste the '#' symbol on such
>> a rarely-used feature.

I kind of like Nazo's suggestion of putting it in a comment. Any
un-aware parser would automatically just ignore such things.
/// LINE: 17

Otherwise, could something like

pragma(line,17)

work?

> I've always wondered if there's even anyone out there using this so
> called "feature"?
> Why would you want to alter the lexer's internal state of the current
> line number?
> Who even came up with the idea?

It is useful when the code is auto generated, having line numbers
referring back to the original file. One example would be a YACC
generated parser with line numbers in the generated code referring to
the parser definition file.

/Oskar