Who has a std.demangle that works with 0.177?

Lionello Lunesu lionello at lunesu.remove.com
Thu Dec 21 14:05:08 PST 2006

"Thomas Kuehne" <thomas-dloop at kuehne.cn> wrote in message
news:slrneom2jc.8l8.thomas-dloop at birke.kuehne.cn...

> Ary Manzana schrieb am 2006-12-21:
>> Lionello Lunesu escribió:
>>> I'm writing a little program that generates a .di file from obj/lib.
>>
>> I was wondering if this could be used in an IDE for autocompletion, even
>> if the source file is missing. Like JDT autocompletes with .class
>> information without having the .java source file. Is it possible using
>> your program for that?
>
> That is impossible, unless his tool analyses the object code associated
> with the symbols. Attributes like "final" aren't mangled and non-function
> members of structs and classes don't have symbols in the object code.

Some restrictions I can live with :) The question is, how much is needed to
be able to link to a lib and being able to call functions, instantiate
objects in it..

"Final" IS a problem, indeed. Final methods will not end up in the vtbl, and
calling a final function that's not tagged as such will either call the
wrong function or generate an AV.. D's already mangling a lot of info, why
not "final"?

Eventually, I would love to be able to use libs and objs without their
source/header. If this is already almost possible, we might as well support
it all the way.

L.