Coolest D features

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Tue Dec 26 14:34:20 PST 2006

> Say you wanted to introduce a programmer friend to D. She might know one
> of D's sibling languages (Java, C, C++, or C#), but you shouldn't rely
> too much on that. What features of D would you describe first to hook
> that friend in?

It really depends on what features I think that specific person would be
interested in, but those I'd mention to everyone are: inner functions
and delegates.  Interestingly, I completely forgot about variable-length
arrays and associative arrays, and I think this is because they are such
fundamental features of the language.  So add those to the list as well :-)

Sean