Coolest D features

renoX renosky at free.fr
Wed Dec 27 10:04:30 PST 2006

Mike Parker a écrit :
> Being a long time Java programmer, I strongly disagree with you and
> Waldemar both. Speed is only an issue for people who don't use Java, or
> for those who don't really know how to properly write software with it.

Note that the "people who don't know to write software" include even
Sun: in Solaris9, Sun rewrote the administration tools in Java, the result?
Well, the tools were so slow, that I learned to use the command-line
tools instead of the GUI, because they were so damn slow that each time
I used these tool, I was really pissed-off by the slowness..

It's probably possible to write fast Java apps, but even Sun don't
manage to do it, and all the Java apps I've used have annoyed me by
being too slow, so it's definitely not trivial: I think that using D
it's easier to get fast apps.

Regards,
renoX

PS: Of course with D, there is the library problem..
I'd really like to have a wrapper of Qt in D..