Coolest D features

BCS BCS at pathilink.com
Wed Dec 27 10:33:40 PST 2006

Waldemar wrote:
> == Quote from Mike Parker (aldacron71 at yahoo.com)'s article
> [snip]
>> I think that overall D is going to be an easier sell to C++ programmers
>> than to Java types. They are two very different markets that will
>> require very different strategies.
>
> D has no chance against java/C#.  Unless, and I am aware of the diminishing
> freqency of these cases, performance forces the use of another language.

Also in cases needing ASM access or where use of a VM is not an option.

The first case won't go away and the second could come into play when,
for an example, it takes longer to load the VM than it does to run the
app, or when size is a BIG issue. I'll admit that D doesn't yet excel in
either of these last two cases, but it will (I hope), I don't think
Java/C# ever will.