Let the D compiler print the dependencies and pragma(lib,...).

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at nospam.org
Thu Dec 28 12:15:55 PST 2006

Frank Benoit (keinfarbton) wrote:
> To make any build tool completely independent from parsing the source
> files, please print out the pragma( lib ) also.
>
> I think, that this again shall be in the compiler, because this is also
> dependent in evaluation of version and debug conditions. Implementing
> this redundant into the build tools does not make sense.

With all due respect to the work Derek has done here, a better
(especially long-term, and theoretically) solution would be to have the
compiler itself be the pivot of file dependency logic.

One of THE major principles of software development is the notion of
_not_ duplicating data or information. Therefore we are simply obliged
to let the compiler decide who, which, and when is dependent of whom.