Addition to vim syntax highlighting for D

Jason Mills jmills at cs.mun.ca
Thu Dec 28 13:03:01 PST 2006

Tim Keating wrote:
> Found a bug with VIM syntax highlighting today. If you use VIM, you
> might want update your d.vim file as follows:
>
> After the line:
>
> 	syn region dRawString	start=+`+ skip=+\\`+ end=+`[cwd]\=+
> contains=@Spell
>
> Add this line:
>
> 	syn match dRawString	+`\\`+
>
> Without this, the literal raw string `\` will break the first raw
> literal matcher, and highlight to the next backtick char as a giant
> multiline string literal. Admittedly minor, but annoying.
>
> On a related note, anyone know how to submit patches to the vim project?
>
> TK

I maintain the d.vim syntax script. I'll merge your changes into the
original and post a new version to vim.org shortly.

Thanks for the bug report. Sadly, I don't program in D that much (since
I can't use it at work), so I don't catch some bugs. I'm more or less
maintaining this file to learn vim syntax highlighting and to make a
small contribution to D and vim ;-)

Jason