DMD vs GDC

Bob W nospam at aol.com
Sat Dec 30 12:10:28 PST 2006

There is a huge difference between the two, which gets
noticed as projects tend to grow:

DMD will blow away GDC in terms of compile/link speed.
This is a major factor why I'd currently prefer DMD over
GDC. It is just so much nicer to work with a system which
does not force you too often into a coffee break.

But if I am offered something like "VDC" (D plus the
MS Visual Studio C++ compiler as the backend), I'd be
tempted.

Imagine: top compile speed, top code efficiency paired
with the ability to link directly to PE-COFF object code,
Win32 DLLs plus some other advantages (maybe even
an IDE ?).