What CPU does DMD optimize for?

Lionello Lunesu lio at remove.lunesu.com
Mon Feb 20 07:05:03 PST 2006

Hi,

I really wouldn't know, but don't count on it.. SSE instructions are useful
is some very specific cases. I was surprised when I saw that Microsoft's VC8
compiler emits SSE instructions, but found out that the program (3D
visualisation using OpenGL) ran slower with that feature turned on. SSE, as
MMX and the other SSE's, is really meant to be written using inline
assembly, when the programmer knows where to do batch operations on big
arrays.

L.

news:dtccf9$1lh4$1 at digitaldaemon.com...