floating point - nan initializers

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Mon Feb 20 12:56:14 PST 2006

I support the use of NaN as an initializer. I only wish it could also be
done for all numerics.

I work with a language (Euphoria) in which all variables are set to
uninitialized and it doesn't allow you to use an uninitialized variable.
And it  doesn't have syntax to initialize them at declaration time. This
strict enforcement has made me appreciate the importance of explicitly
initializing variables to improve readibility and removing potential bugs.

(I just wish Euphoria would allow one to initialize at declaration time
though <g>)

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia