Putting D on my CV

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Mon Feb 20 19:50:55 PST 2006

Stewart Gordon wrote:
> I'm in the process of getting my CV up to scratch.  In the skills
> section, I have a list of languages that I can program in.
>
> Has anyone else put D in such a section?

Yup, though I haven't been on an interview since adding it.  I've given
some interviews in the past few years however, and always like to see
indications that applicants are *interested* in the field.  Listing a
language like D is one way to suggest that, and also gives the
interviewer an opening to ask about your interests a bit.

> I suppose there are ways to disambiguate, but wonder what's best.

"The D Programming Language" is the string Walter suggests is used on
web pages.  It should be sufficient to disambiguate if you're worried
people won't know what 'D' you're referring to.

Sean