Any license issues with DMD programs compiled for Mac OS X?

Tony ignorethis at nowhere.com
Mon Feb 20 21:54:37 PST 2006

I noticed that the Gnu D Compiler is (predictably) covered under the GPL.

While I realise that the license of the compiler itself shouldn't affect the
license of the code it produces, are there any other issues which might
force your compiled D code to be covered under the GPL?  Or under any
license other than what the author chooses?

For example, might it add some GPLed library functions to the runtime (thus
make your code a derived work and forcing the adoption of a GPL license?)

Tony
Melbourne, Australia
tonysZ-mailboxZ at hotmailZ.com  (remove the Zs)