Any license issues with DMD programs compiled for Mac OS X?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Feb 21 00:48:18 PST 2006

Tony wrote:

> If the C runtime is under LGPL, does this mean that compiled code is a
> derivative work of the C runtime and thus also has to be placed under LGPL
> or GPL?  Or am I totally misunderstanding the situation ?

Actually I meant that as a *good* thing :-) (glibc being LGPL, not GPL)

Anyway, on Mac OS X it should use Apple's system libraries and C library
so there should be no GPL components in the resulting program binary...

At least that is how the gdcmac builds are intended, targetting Apple's.
(it's also possible to build a fully GNU version of GCC/G++/GDC, but...)

--anders