Template regexes, version 2

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Tue Feb 21 12:42:25 PST 2006

> That looks scary :)

Probably you are joking, but I feel the need to defend my code anyway.  To
someone who doesn't know the syntax it is not going to be very readable. <g>
However, my code is way more readable than a lot of the regular expressions
that I've seen.  If you don't believe me, google for regular expressions
that can be used to parse C++.  One benefit of my language over regular
expressions is that you can define subroutines.  Thus, it's not all one big
mess.  It's a bunch of smaller, little messes.  This makes a long regular
expression much more managable.

-Craig