Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?

Cris central_p at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:30:19 PST 2006

bobef wrote:
> Yes, it has linux support and extensions but I haven't yet did the linux
> part (simply because I don't have linux), but I installed it few days
> ago. Of course I broke it so maybe after few more reinstallations I will
> be ready to run D ;]

After I first tried Linux in 97 and I had it for a few months, finally I
deleted it simply because I needed the space and it didn'y bring me
anything that my amazingly STABLE Win95 PE couldn't do for me. Really,
no joke - I actually never understood the troubles of the people
complaning about 95, when I installed Win98SE it was a completely
different story... Then I looked into Linux again, then again and again,
until last year I was finally able to install a Linux that would run
almost out of the box with my hardware: Ubuntu and it works! So I have
it for many months now (although installing propriatery ATI drivers is a
little bit tricky but there is a good HOWTO already). And because I
don't really have much use for Linux I've decided to do cross-platform
OGL/OAL demos with it.

:) So I'll say with a few words what I've said above: If you haven't, I
recommend you to try Ubuntu (I haven't needed more than 2
reinstallations to make it work as I want).

Initially I hesitated to offer you help with GLEE for Linux but since
I'm not experienced with D, I decided not to do it for now but I still
can be a tester ;)

Best regards
        Cris