IDE

Chris Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:56:35 PST 2006

David Rasmussen wrote:
> Are there IDEs out there that support D natively?
Not yet.  There have been plugins and hacks that added support to some IDE's, but I'm
afraid I don't know any of them directly (I've just been using a highlighting editor and a
console).  I do know D highlighting and folding is standard in Kate, but otherwise... *shrug?*

There /are/ a couple of projects working to create IDE's for D, though, and they look
promising.  So, give it a few more months, and we might be rocking.  :)

> Are there IDEs out there that even come with D preinstalled?
Other than Kate's module, I don't think so.

> Is there a debugger for D? And a profiler?
Debugger: if it supports DWARF3, it will work for you, on Linux.  For Win32, general
concensus seems to be to use an older version of windbg.

Profiler: Yes, built into DMD.  Compile with the '-profile' switch and just run your
program.  You can also use the '-cov' switch to compile your program with code coverage
analysis.

> Is there an IDE that comes with D, a debugger for D and a profiler for D?
Not /yet/.

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls