Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?

Lucas Goss lgoss007 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:54:13 PST 2006

bobef wrote:
> Ubuntu was the distro I broke yesterday ;] I guess I am very talented ;]
> I had no problems with the ATI drivers but it works too slow for me. I
> don't like it. I think am giving a VectorLinux another try, because few
> months ago it worked very well for me...

I break Ubuntu all of the time... but only because I mess around with it
and upgrade to unreleased versions (running dapper now). But I've
installed Ubuntu on many machines without problems. I even run a script
to download/compile/install enlightenment (unstable) for my desktop,
since it's faster and nicer than gnome.

Are you running an older machine? VectorLinux is faster but I don't
think it's as noticeable on newer machines (for older machines it's
probably better). I think gnome is a big problem for the slowness in
Ubuntu, which a lot of memory problems have been fixed recently. So if
you're daring (though it's pretty stable for me) you can give dapper
(newest Ubuntu) a try.

On another note, I've never used GLEE. But if you want help
testing/porting it, I'd be glad to help (anything that deals with Linux
and OpenGL sparks my interest).