Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?

bobef bobef at lessequal.com
Thu Feb 23 14:23:07 PST 2006

Cris wrote:

>> Then I translated GLee to linux but I was unable to test it. It
>> compiles but I failed at the link step (some unresolved symbols even
>> after linking with all the required libraries
>
> Are you using some tool?

Tool for what?
For the translation - Kate, for the build - bash (i.e manually calling
dmd). In other words no.
But for the main work I've used akide (or could use editplus the same
way) because they both have (I got this idea from editplus actually)
*quick* macros. Notice the word quick. They are really quick and really
really really really really useful for any key pattern which you have to
repeat more than 3-4 times...

>> Noo... 2500+mhz 512ram.. I guess GNOME is just slow... And KDE too...
>> This is so annoying... I like IceWM but it doesn't have desktop and
>> many other things... damn.... I will give Ubuntu another try if you
>> say. But I need some rest. I broke 3 distros in 48h...
>
> I have 3.2GHz P4M, 512RAM Laptop and I find that WindowsXP and GNOME run
> just fine.
>
> Ubunty installs easily but a downside is that you have to have a
> broadband to install the additional packages that are not available on
> the CD and you have to install GCC version 3.4.4 (whatever it was) to be
> able to install ATI drivers.
>
> If you are careful it doesn't seem that easy to break.
>

>> P.S. why the hell they call Kate "programmers editor"? it don't even
>> have macros... Guess I won't be programming linux until akide is
>> ported to it (or at least editplus)...
>

> I use Code::Blocks on Linux (well not very much at the moment) and it
> looks the best thing out there. On Windows it supports D at some degree
> bu there is no support for D in Linux.
>
> Are you porting akide by yourself to Linux? :) Will you have a fully
> working version in the forseeable future.

Since I am the only one who is working on it - yes. But I am not porting
it directly to Linux, I am porting it to DWT (with linux in mind), so
even if I complete it in forseeable future, still depends on the DWT port...

> I've tried to Windows version and I see some strange stuff: some of the
> menu fonts are blurred and I can't get the compiler configured.

The menu fonts are blurred? I've seen this on LCD, since they are custom
drawn I guess the API I am using (TextOut) is not working 100% correctly
with this clearlooks thing (or I am not using it correctly)...
The compiler configuration could be a bit tricky. I mean it is very easy
if you know what you are doing, unfortunately akide is very poorly
documented, so it is hard to know what you are doing, and nobody asks
so... I suggest you use the project wizard or see the akide.akw
workspace which comes with the source for example...