Anyone interested in a working grammar for D?

kellywilson at nowhere.com kellywilson at nowhere.com
Thu Feb 23 15:10:20 PST 2006

In article <dtlecg$1o84$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Marcus R. Brown says...

>kellywilson at nowhere.com wrote:
>>
>> By the way, if there is a free dmd compiler then why did someone go
>> through the effort of gluing the gcc backend on? I think "there is always
>> more than one way to skin a cat" ;)
>>

>DMD only targets Win32 and Linux (x86).  GDC can potentially target any
>platform supported by GCC, with the proper platform support added to phobos.

Didn't realise dmd was only targeted at those platforms. I assume that phobos
support is lagging for any others, though. To be remedied by the active
community I see here, I hope ;)

Thanks for the heads up Marcus,
K.Wilson

By the way, I was just suggesting that someone else had fun with gdc so there is
no harm in me trying some new directions as well.