Anyone interested in a working grammar for D?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Feb 23 15:11:11 PST 2006

Marcus R. Brown wrote:

> By the way, if there is a free dmd compiler then why did someone go
>> through the effort of gluing the gcc backend on? I think "there is always
>> more than one way to skin a cat"  ;)

> DMD only targets Win32 and Linux (x86).  GDC can potentially target any
> platform supported by GCC, with the proper platform support added to phobos.

Also,
GDC is under the GNU General Public License - while DMD is proprietary.
(i.e.: the back-end is non-distributable, the front-end is GPL/Artistic)

Mac OS X is a popular target for GDC, we have both PowerPC and Intel...
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=135857&package_id=149174

--anders