Is there a module that supports OpenGL 2.0?

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:01:15 PST 2006

bobef wrote:
> I wasted whole day installing vector, making ati hardware acceleration
> work, configuring kde, etc...
> Then I translated GLee to linux but I was unable to test it. It compiles
> but I failed at the link step (some unresolved symbols even after
> linking with all the required libraries
> (x11,xf86blah,a,m,,s,d,f,g,h,f,5,f,jh,i,56,,gf,g,dl,gl, what ever (can't
> they think of names longer than 3 letters?!?)). So I read some forum and
> they said reinstalling glibc may solve this. Bad idea. So guess what. I
> broke it ;] Anyway if you want give it a try, maybe it works. I uploaded
> the new stuff here http://www.lessequal.com/software/gleed/gleed.zip .
> And it is updated it to GLee 5.1... And I made few more changes after
> that (in windows) so maybe I broke something in the linux version (i.e.
> some imports)...

What ATI card are you using?  Apparently ATI and Linux don't go well
together, especially with the newer cards.  They are a source of many
problems.  ATI has a reputation for slow, reluctant support for their
cards on Linux.  This is sad because I actually have preferred ATI
cards.  Older cards are fairly well supported, but don't expect much
support for the X series.

NVidia, on the other hand, is well respected for the support of their
cards on Linux.  Apparently, they do an excellent job keeping their
graphics drivers optimized, stable, and up to date on Linux, almost
equivalent to their windows drivers.

-JJR