Email for std.path submissions

Miles _______ at _______.____
Fri Feb 24 08:09:58 PST 2006

bobef wrote:
> Never thought of that.
> And I think it is also not correct to replace \ with / in the Linux
> paths... I don't have enough Linux knowledge to solve these yet.

Yes, it is not correct.

Every character except for '/' and '\0' is a valid character for Linux
filenames. It is even possible to embed some ANSI escape sequences on
filenames to make them shine on different colors on ls (this is stupid
and useless, but possible).

On a side note, expandTilde() is a bit off as part of the D library...
the meaning we give to '~' on Linux is just as a _shell feature_, and
just a convention. Otherwise, '~' is also valid as part of a filename.