Automated translation from C++ to D

Hasan Aljudy hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:17:27 PST 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> "Georg Wrede" <georg.wrede at nospam.org> wrote in message
> news:43FB4E35.5080606 at nospam.org...
>
>>Compile the C++ "half-way" (your choice of which passes), and then
>>translate that to D source code?
>

> It would be nearly useless, because one has to adopt different algorithms.

Why? Aren't the constructs pretty much the same?

C++ classes maybe a hell to parse, but it's possible (obviously has been
done), and they must be translatable to D classes!

Templates can be translated to templates (I assume ..)

variables to variables ..
functions to functions ..

One thing that comes to mind is passing objects *by-value* but I think
it can be simulated with D structs? (D structs can be passed by value,
am I not correct?)