DMD 0.148 - scope guard

Charles noone at nowhere.com
Sun Feb 26 09:28:51 PST 2006

I don't see how this is marginally better than try - catch - finnaly.
Thanks to garbage collection , exception safety is dramatically less
complicated in D then in C++ ( in fact other than the mutex lock -- can
anyone think of examples for exception safety in D ? ).  I think the
problem here is exceptions, not exception safety -- and I think that
point is illustrated with all the many work arounds for 'exception safety'.

I love that D is "thinking outside the box" , but I have to vote against
this one.  Instead of improving exception safety, we should be improving
exceptions.

Charlie