if(;){} opinion

Carlos Santander csantander619 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:53:38 PST 2006

Derek Parnell escribió:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:14:28 -0500, Carlos Santander wrote:
>
>> I prefer auto for auto typing rather than for auto destruction. Preferences...
>
> But that's my point ... 'auto' by itself is ambiguous and for a first-timer
> to understand it depends somewhat on one's preconceptions and preferences.

You're right, but that's unavoidable. Someone waking up from 15 years ago,
having only programmed in assembler, would have a hard time understanding "int"
is not for "interrupt". I know that's extreme, but it's just to make my point. I
think we all agree "auto" shouldn't be used for both cases. Walter just should
pick one and use another syntax for the other. All we can do regarding that is
give our input. In my case, I don't think I've ever had a
variable/function/class/module named "auto", but I've had many variables "var".

I think I've only stated the obvious, but I just felt like I had to say it.

--
Carlos Santander Bernal