if(;){} opinion

Nils Hensel nils.hensel at web.de
Tue Feb 28 02:48:08 PST 2006

Walter Bright schrieb:
> 'var' would be a digression into pascalishness (ugh <g>).
I believe more people would associate "var" with modern languages like
JavaScript and C# which use it in the same fashion as D does with
"auto".Changing to "var" would be more intuitive to a large group of people.
People with a long History of C/C++ are likely to be new to the concept
of dynamic typing anyway so they might as well learn a new keyword.
But I agree with you that Pascal's way of "var" meaning "call by
reference" is equally unintuitve.

Just my 0.02 EuroCent

Nils