Intel Based Macs and DMD?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Feb 28 11:48:25 PST 2006

John Reimer wrote:

>> Setting up the rest of Darwin/X86 is not really interesting here,
>> so I will just post later on if I get GDC 0.17 tried out on it...
>> But it won't really be useful for any Mac OS X testing, it seems.
>
> Yes, please tell me if you are successful.

Well, the bad news is that GCC and Libm are broken "out-of-the-box"
(too old: GCC 4.0.0 and Libm-92), so GDC won't compile/work as it is.

All version details at http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/

Mac OS X 10.4.4+ works, but for Darwin 8.0.1 you need to upgrade the
packages using the source code tarballs, which is something of a drag.

The good news is that they just released: http://www.apple.com/macmini
(and that GDC works OK on Darwin 8 ppc, and will on x86 after fixing...)

--anders

PS. That was GDC. No DMD news, I take it ?