Negative

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Tue Feb 28 13:59:52 PST 2006

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 06:19:35 +1100, Walter Bright
<newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> I hope that these buggy examples show just how hard it is to get
> try-catch-finally to be correct, and how easy it is to get the on_scope
> correct. This leads me to believe that try-catch-finally is just
> conceptually wrong, as it does not match up with how we think despite
> being in common use for over a decade.

Execellent point, Walter. The concept of scope guards in D is very
exciting and a real winner in my opinion. I'm looking forward to the
syntax improving and stabilizing so I can use it in real applications.

And may I be so bold as to paraphase you ...

   : I hope that these buggy examples show just how hard it is to get
   : C-style booleans to be correct, and how easy it is to get the
semantically
   : boolean correct. This leads me to believe that the C-style boolean is
just
   : conceptually wrong, as it does not match up with how we think despite
   : being in common use for many decades.

<G><G><G>

--
Derek Parnell