String convention

Niklas Ulvinge Niklas_member at pathlink.com
Sat Jul 1 14:51:37 PDT 2006

Thanks for all replies, now I understand most of what I wanted to know.
(although the Q about the internal structure of dynamic arrays still remains...)

In article <op.tb03wsb06b8z09 at ginger.vic.bigpond.net.au>, Derek Parnell says...
>But you as a coder don't need to worry about this because the compiler  =
>
>handles all the manipulation for you.

I think as 'real programmers' ;) :
"Real programmers can write assembly langauge in any language"

This is very hard to do in D, but really easy in C.

The foreach statemente as an example.
In D, the compiler handles the implementation.
I want to know how it is implemented.

In languages where "a" + "b" = "ab" works there could be programmers who doesn't
see that concating is much more complex than adding a couple of numbers.
In D, this is a little better, becouse it's hard to find the concating char (I
don't have it now, becouse of an odd bug in firefox).
In C/C++ this is better, becouse it was a func, wich indicated how hard it was
to do.

Some programmers may instead of using:
writef(a,b,c)
concate them. Wich would be very bad.