Pyd

Kirk McDonald kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 18:28:40 PDT 2006

David Rushby wrote:
> In article <e7hp2l$1638$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Kirk McDonald says...
>
>>Does that mean you want to merge Celerid and Pyd?
>

> Yes.  I think users will find it easier to deal with an integrated package.
>
> I *would* like to see the current capabilities of CeleriD (the option to use the
> plain Python/C API rather than the object-oriented wrapper if desired, and the
> ability to compile with a familiar distutils setup.py style) preserved in the
> integrated CeleriD/Pyd, but I don't anticipate that that would be a problem, do
> you?

Done! I've essentially just crammed Pyd in the "infrastructure"
directory of Celerid and informed the DMDDCompiler class about the Pyd
source files.

I think I can now say that Pyd is in a state where you can actually use
it for useful things. I think the next step is fleshing out the
documentation, which I've let slide since I started writing the class
wrapping features.

--
Kirk McDonald
Pyd: Wrapping Python with D