Thoughts about modules

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeirosATgmail at SPAM.com
Sun Jul 2 12:57:17 PDT 2006

Kirk McDonald wrote:
> Sjoerd van Leent wrote:
>> The thing I'd see useful here would be:
>>
>> import fb : foo.bar;
>>
>> Indicates all methods from module "foo.bar" are in local namespace "fb"
>>
>> import $ : foo.bar;
>>
>> Would be the same as
>>
>> import foo.bar : foo.bar;
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sjoerd
>
> It is worth reviewing the Python syntax for imports here, I think.
> Python uses the FQN import by default, but supports importing
> unqualified names as well.

Thanks for the info on Python. Indeed, it might be insightful to look at
the naming system of other languages. Eventually (but not right now) I
would to look at how it works in other OO languages that I don't know
yet.  (such as Ruby for example)

--
Bruno Medeiros - CS/E student