If D becomes a failure, what's the key reason, do you think?

Trevor Parscal Trevor_member at pathlink.com
Fri Jul 7 01:19:37 PDT 2006

In article <e8khb5$160j$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Boris Wang says...

I think there's a simular attitude from indie film makers who whine and complain
about new video cameras not being good enough and cheap enough. They say "this
new HD format isn't true HD" and "How come this camera isn't fully 24p?". But I
ask, what are these people holding out for a better camera to make? And while
they wait for the perfect camera to make a film, how much experience are they
gathering in film making to be used on their masterpiece? None...

If you wait around for the perfect equipment, you'll never make a movie. Fact.

When I first heard about D I was like a kid in a candy store. I learned it as
fast as I could, abandoned all use of a C++ compiler again, and converted
everything I ever wrote worth compiling imediately. I've been working on
ambitious projects in every bit of free time I can, and very often when I can't,
and as the language evolves, I feel greatful to be a part of the evolution.

If you wait around for the perfect language, you'll never make a program. Fact.

Enjoy the ride already Andrew! Harmonia was legit, and the "market" will always
ready for something as useful as D.

Life is good, eat some fruit!

Thanks,
Trevor Parscal