Historical language survey

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Jul 7 08:17:40 PDT 2006

Peter C. Chapin wrote:
> kris <foo at bar.com> wrote in news:e8kg0a$14hu$1 at digitaldaemon.com:
>
>> Ada
>
> I'm not sure how "historical" Ada is... there is currently an active
> community of Ada users. In any case, I use Ada a fair amount. In fact, as I
> write this I have some Ada code that I'm working on open in another window.

For whatever reason, Ada doesn't seem to be a terribly popular language
for everyday programming.  It has a lot of nice features though, and
I've always been somewhat interested in finding the time to play with it
a bit.  In many respects it seems like a stricter version of D.

I suppose I could add to the list with:

BASIC
Prolog

Sean