Historical language survey

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Jul 7 12:04:48 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> And I still don't know anything about M3 <g>. But being able to extend
> imports without breaking users can easily be done with some variation on
> the PIMPL technique or interfaces.

But PIMPL only works if combined with header files, and it shouldn't be
necessary to resort to this just to avoid symbol collisions with
implementation-level stuff.  I do think it's a useful tool when complete
implementation hiding is necessary for business reasons, but not as a
general tool to work around what feels like a language issue.

Sean