Import proposals

Regan Heath regan at netwin.co.nz
Sun Jul 9 16:04:13 PDT 2006

After reading the entire "Re: import concerns (was Re: Historical language
survey)" thread and hearing all the different opinions I thought "we need
a single place to put complete ideas" and "people should show support for
the idea they like best"

So.. I'd like this thread to be that place. I'm going to post my own idea
ideas (or the ideas of others as they understand them) in complete form.
Then I'd like people to show support for an idea that takes their fancy.

This is to give Walter an idea what ideas have community support.

If people want to discuss the ideas, I suggest we start a new thread, or a
sub thread of this port specifically for discussion, as opposed to
commenting in response to the ideas themselves.

This is generally just an attempt to get the discussion organised and to
provide a reference we can refer back to at a later date. I have a
threaded news group reader and this'll probably only look organised if you
use one too, as opposed to the web interface. If you all think it's a
terrible idea, I won't feel too hurt ;)

Regan