GdiPlus

pragma pragma_member at pathlink.com
Mon Jul 10 10:02:21 PDT 2006

In article <e8tu3h$1g3q$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Polis says...

>In article <e8tq9k$1atj$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Polis says...
>>
>>I am trying to convert the GdiPlus in D, but I keep getting this error:
>>
>>E:\Programmieren\DFrontend\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe
>>test,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
>
>Sorry it wasn't the full message:
>
>E:\Programmieren\DFrontend\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe
>test,,,E:\Programmieren\DFrontend\dm\lib\gdiplus.lib+user32+kernel32/noi;
>

>OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
>
>Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved
>

>test.obj(test)
>
>Error 42: Symbol Undefined __init_3std7windows7gdiplus7gdiplus8Graphics
>
>test.obj(test)
>
>Error 42: Symbol Undefined
>_D3std7windows7gdiplus11gdiplusbase11GdiplusBase3newFkZPv
>
>--- errorlevel 2
>
>this was the complete message

What this means is that the linker could not find the following symbols:

- (module) std.windows.gdiplus.Graphics
- void std.windows.gdiplus.gdiplubase.GdiplusBase.new()

The linker line above shows that only test.obj and gdiplus.lib are the only
libraries being sent to the linker (aside from phobos, kernel32 and user32).
Are you using build?  If not, then you need to throw your gdiplus D-conversion
objects/libraries on the command line along with everything else.

- EricAnderton at yahoo