Import concerns revisited

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon Jul 10 17:53:26 PDT 2006

Dave wrote:
> I'm not sure what exactly Kris said, but imports are ubiquitous.
 > Not used as much as loops of course, but they are used in every program.

Yes, they are ubiquitous. But the renaming of imported symbols? I'm not
convinced that is at all ubiquitous, or that it is very desirable in any
but unusual cases.

>  > 2) how much power it adds
>
> It adds the ability to import specific symbols - a quite powerful
> addition to import I think.

But that power already exists. The discussion is now about whether two
statements should be combined into one or not. The power is the same.