Import concerns revisited

Johan Granberg lijat.meREM at OVEgmail.com
Tue Jul 11 02:56:22 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> But is it going to be done a lot?

assuming we get static import i think this will get done a lot
static import foo.bar.m;
alias foo.bar.m m;

which I would prefere to write as
import foo.bar.m as m;

I think the among the C++ crowd the people who refuse to use using
namespace would use the more qualified form and thous who use using
wont. As I think D will attract many C++ programmers and for and against
using is an argument i here a lot (many on the different sides where i
come from) i think the D language will appeal more to C++ programmers if
as is introduced as it look cleaner and the more programmer a language
can appeal to the more it will bee used.