Import concerns revisited

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at nospam.xyz
Tue Jul 11 04:08:56 PDT 2006

Walter Bright schrieb:
> It's too late for that, sorry. Also, everything else in D is public by
> default, and consistency is sometimes better than special case rules,
> even if those special case rules make some things easier.

I don't think so. Where are the millions lines of code, that would
break? At the moment, this is an issue that is against writing them.

Making things private is a defensive change. You can solve every problem
with adding 'public' and the compiler will tell you every problematic
place. Other is the default public. The modules writer does no get
problems, but the user of the module will can get them from a
implementation detail.