the point of selective importing

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Tue Jul 11 05:41:12 PDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:12:59 +1000, Rioshin an'Harthen
<rharth75 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I thought about it a little more, and came up with the following:
>
> import module.name; - current import
> static import module.name; - require FQN import
> import module.name alias MN; - current import with automatic alias
> static import module.name alias MN; - require FQN import with automatic
> alias

Snap! This was also my suggestion ;-) Additionally, I extended this idea
to also allow for selective imports of individual members from the module
rather than all the members.

  static import in module.name alias MN member1 alias m1, member2, member3,
... ;

  MN.memb3()
  MN.m1()

--