Criteria for 1.0 (was: Re: If D becomes a failure, what's the

Johan Granberg lijat.meREM at OVEgmail.com
Tue Jul 11 08:36:49 PDT 2006

jcc7 wrote:
>> Tony wrote:
>> (b) a fully documented and reasonably clean standard library
>
> I don't think we should wait that long. Phobos isn't perfect, but I think it's
> good enough for D 1.0.

I agree on that. As I see it phobos is a library using a very productive
style, through sometimes their is parts missing. A good standard library
dont have to bee bloated or monolithic. However I think their is a few
issues in phobos that need to be fixed before 1.0, most notably string
functions for wchar[] and dchar[] and standard containers (others can
certainly think of other things). But I think that thees shortcomings
can bee quickly solved (a few months maybe 1 or 2) once we get a feature
freeze of the specification.