Import concerns revisited

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Tue Jul 11 08:42:11 PDT 2006

Lucas Goss wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> FQN).  And C is simply too antiquated/low-level to consider.  I'm not
>> aware of how Java or C# operate in this context however.  I don't
>> suppose anyone with more experience could comment?
>>
>> Sean
>
> For C# it's FQN by default, but if you add the "using" keyword it brings
> it into the local namespace. If there is a collision you have to use the
> FQN.
>
> Lucas

There also the 'using x = [namespace|symbol];' form, which allows you to
assign a namespace _or_ a specific symbol a different name.

See: http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?digitalmars.D/40005

I think they by and large got it right.

An interesting aside is that FQN's are pretty rare in C# as the amount
of code to type / scan / read explodes because of the long namespace
names in the .NET lib.