Import concerns revisited

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Tue Jul 11 10:49:55 PDT 2006

Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> [*] It is thanks to you kris, that of lack of FQN imports is now decided
> to be fixed. Despite I having mentioned this issue over a year ago, and
> also recently before this thread, you presented a hard and immediate
> example problem, which didn't occur to me or anyone else who
> participated in the previous discussions (the ones known of at least),
> and which convinced Walter to fix it.

Examples, hard evidence, *pragmatism* are the key to getting things
changed. And it's the best standard IMO.

Walter is basing his resistance to syntax changes (i.e.: along the lines
of from / as) because he hasn't yet seen much _D_ code that would
greatly benefit from it. I submit that there is a good body of evidence
written in Java, C# and Python - the large and diverse libraries -
because we all hope D libs. will soon emulate those in usefulness.