Import proposals (Discuss)

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Tue Jul 11 16:37:00 PDT 2006

Tyro wrote:
> Just in case that doesn't make any sense, let me try it a another way: By
> importing [a.d] into [b.d] and by virtue of std.stdio being publicly imported
> into [a.d], you have also imported std.stdio into [b.d]. If imports are made
> private by default or if explicitly imported privately, then an error message
> similar to the one suggested earlier is expected.
Exactly.

As a side note: I just installed dmd 0.162 and it seems imports have
been finally fixed. Now private imports and private members really are
private, yay! This means that private members are not accessible, but
they are visible to the unprivileged modules. Private imports are not
visible nor accessible. Yes, this is how it really should work. Even
diamond shaped import constructions work according to my simple test
suite. Simply excellent! Thank you Walter!

--
Jari-Matti