Import concerns revisited

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Jul 12 02:31:09 PDT 2006

Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:39:31 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> Bill Baxter wrote:
>>> All I've heard in this discussion is proponents for these two changes, with the
>>> exception of Walter, of course.
>> There are a lot more D users than people who post here. I hear from them
>> when I make a change that breaks their code, and they are rarely happy
>> about it.
>
> I can understand that.

I also want to add that it's considered generally true that if you hear
a complaint from one person, there's probably another 25 who have the
same complaint but don't bother to complain - they just go away.

> If I may be so bold as to say that you really ought
> to telegraph your intentions in detail before implementing them. Especially
> stuff which has the potential to break otherwise conformant code.
>
> So ... what are you planning for imports and when might we see any changes?

I'll take Sean's suggestion and let things cool down a bit first.
Decisions made when feelings are running high tend to be rotten ones <g>.